Friday, September 24, 2010

A great week so far

Monday was a rest day and Tuesday was a good 3 mile run. Wedsnday was a great 4 mile run, I finished just a little over 46 min and for me that is really great. I had to wonder if my amazing run on Wesdnday was not caused by the fact that I finally got a road bike. Yes ladies and gentlemen the search is over. I was browsing craigs list as I often do for bikes. Low and behold someone had posted one in good shape for $20.00 bucks. I phone the guy and was told someone was already going to be picking it up tonight. I offered him $30.00 and that I could pick it up right away. He took the deal and I cruised out to get it. If for by some chance of fate the guy I bought the bike out from under is reading this blog post, then I am sorry but dang it I needed a bike badly. Its a 12 speed and had brand new tubes and tires. I don't think I could have found a better deal. Here are some pics of my new bike. She isn't much to look at but will get the job done for now.


  
I know what your going to ask... yes that is a wooden seat post. The guy I bought it off of said that he was too tall for the bike and needed a longer seat post. I'm going to leave it for now, gives the bike even more weird character. I took it for a spin yesterday after work. Just rode a couple quick miles around the block. It felt comfortable, was a nice easy ride. Its an older bike so its pretty heavy. Nothing nice, new and light like a good triathlon bike or newer road bike, but not a bad start. Over all I am happy with my cheap purchase.

Well that is about all for this week. I took Thursday off from running so I could see my wife before she went to bed. With Icthus music festival this weekend I won't get back to running till my 6 mile run on Sunday. Until next time.

No comments: