Monday, September 13, 2010

just when you can't get any lower...

Just when you think you have hit rock bottom.... you have an epic run like the one I had on Sunday. What a day, I was dreading my 6 mile run all day. I even thought about skipping it. I pushed myself though and went to the gym anyways. Jumped on the treadmill and started to move. Not even half a mile into it I almost gave up. My left leg started to cramp up, my knee started to throb. I just about stepped off and then decided I should at least go for a full mile. I could limp along that far at least. Pushing into the first mile suddenly I felt great. All the pain in my leg left and I felt fast. it was like a huge chip was lifted off my shoulder. I bit down and started to pick up the speed. 6 miles later, 1 hour and 15 min later I was finished. I felt great. That was my fastest 6 mile run yet, and better yet the fastest 3 miles I have ever done. I still feel unstoppable. Today was a rest day. Tomorrow I return to my running schedule. My goal is to run the full 3 miles with out slowing down. Just a nice constant run. Shooting for a 30 min 3 mile. If anyone is actually reading this please wish me luck.

No comments: