Friday, September 10, 2010

I need a bike

I took Thursday off from running. My left knee felt horrid, if I pushed it I probably wouldn't be able to run Saturday or Sunday. With my time off Thursday night I decided to go bike browsing. I stopped into a local bike shop here in Lima, Ohio. The owner is a great guy and they do group rides out of there all the time. I couldn't afford any of the road bikes there but he told me if I found something to ride in a triathlon to bring it into him and he would help me set it up. Then... then the man made my day. He said that he may even sponsor me. Granted he said that before he knows how bad at running I really am. I will probably never win a triathlon or a marathon, but I always give my best. I would love to have a sponsor, Having someone else backing me like that would be a huge help in my push to get stronger and faster. My hunt for a used road bike continues, but first I need to secure the funds for one.

No comments: