Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bad... very bad...

Its been a little while since I posted last. I will admit I really didn't want to make this post. After this weekend I didn't want to make a post about how bad it really was. It really was a good weekend some would say, but from a training point of view... its not my finest hour. Lets start off with the art of running. It wasn't an art for me over the weekend. I would call it the act of thinking I could run but my body had other plans. My three miles were cut short on Saturday from a cramp in my left leg that wouldn't go away. I thought nothing of it, figured I would make up for it tomorrow. Sunday would have been the day to get out and make up for the loss of miles. I had a six mile planned for that day... I didn't even make a move to do it.

That's right... never got up from the couch to go for a run. I could have ran that, but I didn't even try. I am ashamed of myself for that one. Then to top it all off I have to admit I threw my nutrition out the window for the whole weekend. Junk food... sure why not.. soda... yes please. I don't think I ate one healthy thing all weekend.
Things are back on track for this week though. Back to eating clean and pushing through every run. I'm not looking forward to tonight's run but I know it will be better than anything I did over this last weekend.

No comments: